For my Research and Writing English class this year I have to write a paper on a topic of my choice that weaves data and data analysis with factually based interpretation of that data. My research question for this paper is: To what extent is it possible to compare the ways in which methods of communication are being taught to autistic students who cannot use spoken language to communicate their complex ideas?
Because many existing communication methods are underrepresented in most schools, I created a survey to find out what methods students use, what they are being taught to use and how successful each is. Additionally I am curious to know whether a student’s school allows the communication method chosen by each student to be the most beneficial, and if not, how the student then communicates their complex thinking and knowledge.
This survey uses a google form and is completely anonymous. You will not be asked for any contact information, your name or the name of your school.
Who I’m hoping will participate:
- Anyone, anywhere in the world, who cannot use spoken language to convey their complex thoughts.
- Anyone who cannot rely on spoken language most of the time.
- If you are no longer in school you can fill the survey out by remembering your experience when in school.
- If you are homeschooled or are doing a combination of online, non-traditional-school or other learning experiences, please consider participating.
- Parents whose child/offspring fits the description above can fill out all factual questions and those questions that are subjective can choose “other” and explain you are a parent or give your opinion and explain that it is yours.
This is the link to my survey: Survey
I hope you will add your voice and experience by participating in my survey. I am glad if you do.
Have your voice heard!
Banding together with our typed words,